Thursday 4 April 2013

Celebrating winter, friendships, and birthdays

I have been back in Edmonton about 6 weeks now, and have managed to spend three weekends on out of town excursions with friends. 

I posted an item earlier about my weekend to Jasper with Lisa and Louie.  It seems the lure of the mountains was strong enough to draw me back for another weekend at the Jasper Park Lodge -- this time with Lorraine and Bin, with whom I celebrated Bin's birthday, my birthday, and the Easter long weekend.

I also caught up with Roxanne, Diane, and Andrea on a girls' spa weekend escape to Red Deer, where we stayed at a guest ranch and celebrated Roxy's milestone birthday (I won't say which one !). 

Here is some evidence of our shenanigans !



Birthday girl stoking the fire.
Flannel pjs, a blazing fire, a hot beverage, and the company of giggly friends
-- what a way to spend a wintery weekend!
Karaoke Queens.
I got high score with Karma Chameleon. 
The deer did pretty well, too.

Sparkly evidence of our trip to the spa !


We woke up the next morning to find beautiful horses staring through our kitchen window. 
Our hosts were away at Cowboy Church.  Uh huh - there is actually a church for cowboys !
Saying hello to our new neigh-bours.


 






The artist at work ! - Painting Easter Eggs at Jasper Park Lodge.


Was it weird that we were the only people there without kids, and managed to make the most mess ? Heck, no ! 
Do you like my earth-after-global-warming egg ?
Lorraine's tulip egg.

Exploring the frozen floor of Maligne Canyon.


Other worldly !



Entering an ice cave, beneath a frozen waterfall.  How cool is that ?!

Looking out from inside the ice cave.

Yup - they actually climbed this.


A sign that spring is on the way.


Beautiful Lac Beauvert.


Fancy birthday dinner.



Fine food, wine, and friends -- What more could a girl want on her birthday ?

2 comments:

  1. Too fun! I'm from Red Deer and do not see it as a weekend retreat destination, but hurray! you and your girlfriends did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pictures And Looking Natural and Beautiful.I like it.thanks for sharing.I would like visit to there.

    ReplyDelete