Tuesday 26 February 2013

You Say Good-Bye...

Some of the friendly faces I will remember from my good-bye pool party.


Nothing quite like outdoor living !  Sigh !



Philip demonstrates adaptability.  I had no bbq tongs, so he used wooden spoons.


Scenes from my last days in Gaborone

36 friends and their families came to my house for a
Sala Sentle / Tsamaya Sentle Farewell Party.   
I hosted it at my house, as I couldn't pass up another opportunity to make use of the
awesome entertaining space (and pool and braai / bbq).  
When will I have this kind of space again ?
I was very touched by the kind words and turn-out.

Also, my house-mate prepared a farewell dinner for me,
and my colleagues at BOCAIP hosted a good-bye office party.

I am so fortunate to have worked, stayed, and played with so many wonderful people. 

We will stay in touch, and hopefully meet again !

My house-mate Anaisa prepares a yummy Portuguese cod and potato dish.

I will miss your sweet smile !
Some of the team at BOCAIP.
The ever gracious Mma Kwape.

Julia prepares drinks for the party.
Thank you for the kind words and gifts.

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture of you, smiling and HUGGING simultaneously! Make sure you tell your coworkers and friends in Botswana that is evidence for me of how immersed in the culture you must have become!

    ReplyDelete