Saturday 14 April 2012

Easter at Kasane – Part IV: The Smoke That Thunders

Victoria Falls is known in Zimbabwe as 'Mosi-oa-Tunya' - The Smoke That Thunders.


I was baptised by the spray of Victoria Falls on Easter Sunday – enough to resurrect anyone ! Like a child in a rain storm, I tossed my head back and spread my arms, and let the fresh mist shower down on me. I’ve been to other great falls, specifically, Niagara and Iguazu, but was still awed by Victoria's offerings. I’d like to go back when I have visitors to raft the Zambezi -- anyone game ?


I watched a bungee jumper get dipped into a multi-hued rainbow. I am sure her life will be all the more colourful as a result !


Michiko's impression of Victoria Falls.

1 comment:

  1. ah steph - this is one time I think I would be as romantic as you!

    ReplyDelete