Sunday 18 March 2012

My journey home: Part I


I've been here one month now, and am starting to establish a bit of a routine. Eace day, I share a taxi with Pallavi and Eva to the Princess Marina Hospital, then I walk about 15 minutes down South Ring Road until I reach a residential area where my office is located. I get to work around 7:30am, then at 4:30pm, head home.

Roxanne asked to follow along on the journey home. So, come on, let's go !


I leave BOCAIP (Botswana Christian AIDS Intervention Program). The BOCAIP office is in a rented house in a little cul-du-sac, with additional office space in trailers, out back. Notice the red sand.


I walk down the road, then turn left, at the house with the zebra wall.


I then wait for a shared taxi at the bus stop (i.e., tree) behind the Methodist Church. Each taxi takes 4 passengers, so often I have to wait a while until there is one with space I can squeeze into. The taxi goes to the main bus/taxi/combi stop at the rail yard.


This is where city life really unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment