Sunday 18 March 2012

My journey home: Part II


From the bus/taxi/combi rank, I take an overpass across the tracks to Rail Park Mall.

I still haven't decided which side of the tracks I live on.



I'll often stop in the mall for a bit of groceries. I can go to Choppies, a local supermarket chain, or Food Lover's Market.

Food Lover's has a good selection of fresh produce, so I usually go there. They also have a decent cheese selection.


Then, from Rail Park Mall, I walk another 10 minutes or so through a semi-industrial area to New Lobatse Road. At rush hour, there is usually a yellow-gloved traffic officer who guides the flow of traffic.

I cross the street, and then turn left at the KFC and gas station/garage. When people ask where I live, I say, "Near the KFC at New Lobatse Road". My street address means nothing to them.

By the way, there are no Golden Arches in Botswana. McDonald's was not successful in getting a trading license. So, it's KFC that rules the fast food industry here.

No comments:

Post a Comment