Tuesday 1 May 2012

Taxi Talk

Special Taxi - Conversation with male driver:

I want to go back to Canada with you.

No - You wouldn't like it there.  It is too cold for you.

I want to be your friend.

I don't need a friend.  I just need a taxi driver.

I want to be your boyfriend. 

I don't need a boyfriend.  I just need a taxi driver.

I want to be your husband.

I don't need a husband.  I just need a taxi driver.

(sigh!)

Shared Taxi - Conversation with fellow female passsenger:

I want to be your friend.

(ummm...??)

Where is your brother ?

He is at home, with his wife and kids.

When is your brother coming here ?

If he comes for a visit, he will come with his wife and kids.

I want to meet your brother.

(sigh!)

4 comments:

  1. just a reality of living overseas and coming from a priveleged country like Canada :) found out today my neighbour and his wife drove through Botswana and Namibia for four weeks ! They loved it there. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you implying that random strangers don't want to be my friend and marry me on the basis of my charming personality and good looks ?

      Delete
  2. You have to admire his optimism. He probably knew he didn't stand a shot but he tried anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how steadfast you were to keep your replies so constant ... well done my friend & thanks for sharing this, how FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete