Thursday 3 January 2013

Christmas Road Trip - The Little Guys

I thought I would share some of the smaller creatures that graced my path on my recent travels.  Like all life's little treasures, they are easy to miss if you are too preoccupied with finding the bigger stuff.

The chameleon figures prominently in local folklore.

Agama tree lizard.
I don't know the name of this tree lizard.


Leopard Tortoise.


Saddle-billed stork.


This Red Bishop visited our breakfast area on Christmas morning.

This croc was a Christmas morning visitor, too.

Golden Orb Spider. I watched one of these, the size of my hand, weave a web of golden thread.  I didn't think it would show up on my camera, so I got this photo from the web (the other web).


I have also witnessed the migration of the African Caper White butterfly throughout my travels and in Gaborone.

No comments:

Post a Comment